Wednesday, March 18, 2009

6 Reasons I absolutely love living in my new condo




1. Ministry will be done in/through this place.


I've already mentioned to many of you how the timing of this purchase has worked out just right --- and with the events He's already allowed to take place here, I feel very affirmed that this new home will enable me for better ministry.

2. Living alone.

Now don't me wrong, I still enjoy hanging out with people. In fact, I feel like there's always people over for a movie, card game, relaxing, etc. but it's the little privacies, you know? Being able to write without someone coming in to read over my shoulder, or watching a movie without a peanut gallery collecting. PLUS, if the place is messy it's my mess, and if it's clean it's my clean. Haha, that may sound like a strange benefit but it's the first time I've experienced something like this.

3. Ownership.

The first day I lived here I walked from room to room, clicking on and off light switches with a stupid grin on my face. Can you remember the first thing you bought with money you earned from your first job? That's the feeling I have on hyperspeed. Time, too --- when I rented, I kept the mindset of a renter. How much can a place feel like home if you know you're moving again in a few months? Everything was transitory, passing. But now, in this place, it feels like home.

4. Step Up.

It's a step up from my previous places. Period. Green grass, quiet neighborhood, nice balcony where I can read, etc. Instead of drug dealers and loud keggers (both my previous apartment complexes) there are people walking dogs and kids playing. A lot of this complex consists of people like me, in mid-late twenties who are post-college and early career. It all just makes sense. :-D

5. Location.

It's a block from my work/church, next door to a city park and tennis center, grocery store within walking distance, Old Town Scottsdale nearby.

6. Lifestyle.

This one's a bit harder to explain but most of you know what I mean. Living like a mid-late twenties rather than an early twenties. That's clear enough, right?

4 comments:

  1. Your still early twenties. Don't try and pull the wool over eyes on THAT one. We see through your lies.
    -Ryan Buss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am officially mid-twenties!

    With the youth group I ACT like I'm a teenager but I THINK like I'm a 90 year old man... so take the average and I'm around 50 years old. Add some years for stress/experience, minus some years for contentment/good friends.

    And where do I end up? early-mid-late-twenties-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are so happy in this place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living independently is fun and exciting thing! Me, I began living solo when I was 22 and I'm enjoying every single moment of it. But still, I get in touch with my family and friends regularly. =)

    ReplyDelete