Friday, June 12, 2015

Firsthand Experience

Today's Reading: Ezra 3-5 and John 20



It's impossible to share art about Thomas without sharing the famous Caravaggio painting above. Caravaggio is such a master of light. I'm not sure who made the image below but I like it. It's of Mary Magdalene.



There's an interesting form of sermon where the pastor narrates from the perspective of a biblical character. It's different enough from a traditional sermon that it has potential to really stick with you. I still remember a powerful sermon my youth leader delivered when I was a teenager, where he told the story of Jesus going to the cross from the perspective of a fish salesman in the market. Here's an interview with pastor Peter Grainger on his attempt of doing a narrative sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment