Sunday, September 13, 2015

A cheerful heart is good medicine

Today's Reading: Proverbs 16-18 and 2 Corinthians 6

For this Artists Bible Reading Plan I have searched the internet for videos inspired by Scripture. Obviously some days the content is more closely tied to the text than other days.

Today I share a video of a stand-up comedian. I'll be honest, the only reason I can count it in this plan is because the youtuber started the video by quoting Proverbs 17:22, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." After the quote it's comedy unrelated to the Bible.

So it barely counts for the Reading Plan BUT the comedian just happens to be one of my all-time favorites, Steven Wright. His comedy is a string of absurd one-liners that are extremely intelligent and often have clever wordplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment