Monday, January 18, 2016

Reading Plan for 2016 -- Tim Challies Challenge

Last year I really enjoyed putting together an "Artists Bible Reading Plan" which featured pieces of art for every passage of the Bible. It was a two-fold blessing: first, in the search for content. It was a prayerful process and I felt spiritually enriched. Second, I got the thrill of hearing from others who would be reading the Bible all year long. Yeah-ah!

Well, we're in a brand new year so keep that Bible Reading going!

But I also wanted to share about another spiritual challenge I'm taking on, check it out:

 

This is a Reading Challenge created by one of my favorite bloggers, Tim Challies. The emphasis is on theological/spiritual books and reading books you wouldn't otherwise read.

I've already gotten the High School group at my church excited to join me on this plan. (The High School group is collectively completing the plan. So if one person reads a book in a category then that category is completed for the whole group).

What do you think, want to join in? The plan can be found at: challies.com/resources/the-2016-reading-challenge

3 comments:

  1. How fun, may have to try the light one and go from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I have missed reading lately and hope to get back on it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete