Friday, September 20, 2013

Free Bible Curriculum

We live in strange times. It used to be that if something was labeled "free" then it was either terrible quality or there was some catch somewhere. For many of us, we still think in that mode and we are cynical of any offer that seems too good to be true.

Yet right now I am using a free curriculum for my Middle School and High School youth groups and I have to say, it is one of the most engaging video series I have ever seen.

How is that possible? The short answer is that a pastor, Craig Groeschel, used to be a stingy, greedy individual. As he grew in his relationship with Jesus, he realized that God could help turn his weakness into a strength. Now he steps out of his comfort zone, giving generously and depending on God for sustenance.

His church offers a wealth of free resources. I recommend you give his church a quick look or check out this library of resources I mentioned. Here is a youtube of one of these free Bible lessons I'm using.

And what I love about Jon Acuff [author of Stuff Christians Like] is that this is really who he is, a guy who uses phrases like "that was my jam." The humor keeps the students engaged, which helps me bridge the gap between their lives and the Gospel, which ultimately brings God glory.
 


Update: Jon recently resigned from the Dave Ramsay team. His resignation letter can be found online. It will be interesting to see where he ends up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment