Sunday, February 15, 2015

Depicting the Crucifixion

Today's Reading: Leviticus 17-18 and Matthew 27:27-50

Depicting the crucifixion is no easy task, especially if you're doing the performance for younger students. Do you show gore? Is it better to simply describe crucifixion, or to avoid the torturous details altogether?

I like what this troupe did for an Acquire the Fire conference in 2009:



Others:

The movie The Passion of the Christ is almost entirely about the crucifixion. My parents chose not to watch it because, as my mom shared, "Why would I want to watch my Savior get tortured?"

The first time I watched the movie was in theaters. I had brought an atheist friend of mine and I think it was a memorable experience for him, to see how I reacted to the film. If you have never seen it then I do recommend it, though be warned there is a great deal of gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment