Saturday, August 29, 2015

All Things Are Lawful

Today's Reading: Psalm 126-128 and 1 Corinthians 10:19-33

1 Corinthians 10:23 shares, "All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify."

I've always understood this verse to mean that my relationship with God is most vibrant when I'm aligned with God's desires, not out on the boundaries trying to test what I can get away with. Sure, I am forgiven and thus have incredible freedom, but that doesn't mean I should pull right up to a cliff edge. That's common sense.

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible yet I've had trouble finding art to express it. If you stumble across something, let me know. Until then, I share this song by Keith Green that is about Psalm 127.

No comments:

Post a Comment