Monday, August 31, 2015

Psalm 133 the Folk Song

Today's Reading: Psalm 132-134 and 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

Psalm 133 is such a fun psalm. For me, the words immediately conjure up memories of mountain breezes and anchovies spread across homemade bread. That's because the Psalm became an anchor passage for me during a mission trip to Norway and Latvia during my freshman year of college.

As I scour the Interwebs, I notice this Psalm has been used for many great Jewish folk songs. Here's one that a Seminary professor taught to his class. Skip to the last minute if you want to only hear the singing. They sound suspiciously good for just being a class of Seminary students.

For a more formal performance of a choral song, here's one by the Twin Cities Jewish Chorale. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment