Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jacob's Ladder

Today's Reading: Genesis 27-28 and Matthew 8: 18-34

When I was young my family used to visit a place called Old Sturbridge Village, where they re-created a rural New England town from the 1830's. The "residents" of the village stayed in character, sharing openly about their homes or shops. It was a great experience.

One of the toys I still have from that village is a Jacob's Ladder. Have you seen these before? I love that a passage of Scripture inspired the name of a children's toy.

  
Toys may not be 'art' in the traditional sense of the word but this Artists Reading Plan is all about finding ways that the Bible has inspired people creatively. By seeing so many examples of the Bible's influence, I hope you will feel even more excited to keep reading and seeking God.

No comments:

Post a Comment